Rectangle is a window management solution designed specifically for MacOS that makes it easy to manage your screen space, allowing you to be more productive and organized. The application is designed with simplicity and ease of use, allowing users to quickly and easily adjust the size and position of their windows. In this article, we will explore the features of Rectangle and how they can help you maximize your screen space and improve your workflow.
Key Features of Rectangle
Rectangle offers several key features that make it an excellent choice for anyone looking to improve their window management on macOS. Some of these features include:
- Easy Resizing and Repositioning: Rectangle allows users to quickly and easily adjust the size and position of their windows with just a few clicks. Whether you need to maximize a window to take up the entire screen or change its size to fit a specific area, Rectangle makes it simple.
- Snap-to-Edges and Corners: Rectangle also offers a snap-to-edges and corners feature, making it easy to align windows with the sides of your screen. This can be a huge time-saver, eliminating the need to resize manually and reposition windows to achieve the perfect alignment.
- Customizable Keyboard Shortcuts: Rectangle allows users to set up custom keyboard shortcuts for faster access to its features. This makes it easy to resize quickly and reposition windows, even if you’re working with multiple applications simultaneously.
- Support for Multiple Monitors: Rectangle is designed to work seamlessly with multiple monitors, making it an ideal choice for anyone who uses numerous screens to improve their workflow. The application allows users to easily adjust the size and position of windows on any connected display.
Benefits of Using Rectangle
There are numerous benefits to using Rectangle for window management on MacOS, including:
- Improved Productivity: By allowing you to quickly and easily adjust the size and position of your windows, Rectangle can help you be more productive and focused. This can be especially beneficial for users who frequently switch between applications, as it reduces time spent resizing and repositioning windows.
- Increased Organization: Rectangle helps you keep your desktop organized by making it easy to adjust the size and position of windows to suit your needs. This can help you stay on top of your work and avoid distractions, making you more focused and efficient.
- Enhanced Workflow: The customizable keyboard shortcuts and support for multiple monitors offered by Rectangle can help you streamline your workflow and be more efficient. By making it easier to switch between applications and adjust the size and position of windows, you can focus on your work and avoid interruptions.
In conclusion, Rectangle is an excellent choice for anyone looking to improve their window management on macOS. With its easy resizing and repositioning, snap-to-edges and corners, customizable keyboard shortcuts, and support for multiple monitors, Rectangle makes it simple to manage your screen space and be more productive. Whether you’re a busy professional, student, or just someone looking to bemore organized, Rectangle has the features and benefits you need to be successful. So why wait? Download Rectangle today and start optimizing your screen space and enhancing your workflow!
Using Rectangle to Maximize Screen Space
One of the key benefits of using Rectangle is its ability to help you maximize your screen space. This can be particularly useful for users who need to keep multiple windows open at once, as it allows you to adjust the size and position of each window to best suit your needs. Here are some tips for using Rectangle to maximize your screen space:
- Use snap-to-edges and corners: Using the snap-to-edges and corners feature, you can easily align windows with the sides of your screen. This allows you to keep multiple windows open and still have ample space for each one.
- Customize keyboard shortcuts: By setting up custom keyboard shortcuts for Rectangle, you can quickly adjust the size and position of windows even when working with multiple applications simultaneously. This can help you stay focused and avoid interruptions.
- Use multiple monitors: If you have multiple monitors, consider using Rectangle to manage the windows on each display. This allows you to keep windows organized and maximize your display’s screen space.
Tips for Improving Your Workflow with Rectangle
In addition to maximizing your screen space, Rectangle app can also help you improve your workflow. Here are some tips for using the application to enhance your workflow:
- Set up custom keyboard shortcuts: By using custom keyboard shortcuts, you can quickly access the features of Rectangle, even when you’re working with multiple applications at once. This can help you stay focused and avoid interruptions.
- Use snap-to-edges and corners: The snap-to-edges and corners feature makes it easy to align windows with the sides of your screen. This can help you stay organized and focused on your work.
- Use multiple monitors: If you have multiple monitors, consider using Rectangle to manage the windows on each display. This can help you keep your desktop organized and enhance your workflow.
By using these tips and utilizing the features of Rectangle, you can maximize your screen space, improve your workflow, and be more productive. So why wait? Download Rectangle today and start optimizing your window management on MacOS!
Moom vs Magnet vs Rectangle Comparison
If you’re a macOS user, you may have noticed that the window manager is pretty basic. While you can move, resize, maximize, minimize, and close windows, there are some limitations. For example, on Windows 10, you can snap windows to the edges of the screen, which allows them to resize and take up half the screen automatically. Fortunately, some third-party tools can help improve your window management experience on macOS. This article examines three popular window managers: Moom, Magnet, and Rectangle.
Moom: The Customizable Window Manager
Moom is an app that sits on the top bar of the system, providing snap-to-edge features similar to Windows 10. It allows you to adhere windows to the upper, lower, left, or right part of the screen. When hovering over the maximize button, Moom shows a tooltip that can perform the same snap-to-edge action. Additionally, the first option in the tooltip can maximize the window while keeping the dock and top bar visible. Moom also includes a handy restore option to return the window to its previous size.
Moom’s killer feature is its customizable actions. In the custom tab of Moom’s preferences, you can define moving, zooming, growing, shrinking, and more steps. For example, you can create custom actions to resize windows to fit in a 720p or 1080p area and center them. These actions can be accessed via shortcuts when clicking the top bar icon. Furthermore, Moom supports window layout snapshots, allowing you to record the position of each window and restore them after a trigger.
Magnet: The Snap-to-Edge Powerhouse
Magnet takes snap-to-edge to the next level with keyboard shortcuts for every predefined action out of the box. It also supports snap-to-edge with the mouse. In addition, Magnet includes three useful options for maximizing, restoring, and centering windows, similar to Moom’s features.
Rectangle: The Free and Open-Source Alternative
Rectangle is a free and open-source window manager similar to Magnet, but it lets you customize the keyboard shortcuts. You can also snap windows to edges and create custom actions for moving, resizing, and more.
Choosing the Right Window Manager for You
So, which window manager is right for you? Here’s a summary:
If you want to resize windows to custom sizes, Moom is the best option. If you want lots of predefined window sizes that can be moved to the edges, Magnet or Rectangle would be a better choice. Moom and Rectangle let you define a gap between windows, which can be useful for aesthetics.
Overall, Magnet is the most basic and not free app, so we don’t recommend it. Rectangle is a great option because it’s free, open-source, and lets you customize keyboard shortcuts. Moom is the complete window manager, but it’s a paid app, so we only recommend it if you need its exclusive features. I hope this article has helped you decide which window manager is right for you. If you have any questions or comments, please let us know!